Monday, September 14, 2009

Adopt MY Classroom

Dear Friends:
I am reaching out to you to help me inspire my students to reach their highest potential. Adopt-A-Classroom (www.adoptaclassroom.org) is a non-profit organization that offers an easy and accountable way for you to donate funds to my classroom and make a real difference for me and my students.
All donations are tax-deductible. 100% of the donation goes to my classroom. Adopt-A-Classroom takes $0 out for administration.
Here`s a description of my classroom and our specific needs:
School: Calhoun Academy of the Arts
Grade: 5th Grade
Subject: ELA and Social Studies
Number of students your donation will impact: 72


Calhoun is an arts school where we teach core curriculum but through arts integration. We need a variety of art supplies throughout the year from drama materials to visual art supplies to accomplish hands-on learning activities. We also are in need of laptops, iPods, ink cartridges, and digital cameras. These kind of activities motivate the students to learn and without the adequate funding, we cannot encourage these students to become independent learners and successful in the classroom and beyond. Since I teach 72 students everyday, it becomes difficult to make learning fun and bring in materials to create an exciting atmosphere where the students will retain information since I cannot afford all the supplies out of my pocket. Additional funding would allow me to purchase materials to help the students become motivated to learn the social studies standards and therefore retain valuable information.

To learn how you can support my efforts in the classroom click on the link below (or copy and paste it into your Internet browser):Robin Bracken Adopt-A-Classroom Homepage
I greatly appreciate your consideration in adopting my classroom. Please pass this on to your employers and friends.
Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment