Monday, August 16, 2010

It's Showtime 2010-2011




It’s Showtime! Welcome to Fifth Grade!! I am Robin Bracken, and I am your child’s fifth grade homeroom teacher this year. I will teach your child ELA (reading and writing) and Social Studies. Mr. Pearson will teach him/her Math and Mrs. Koch will teach him/her Science. This is going to be an excellent year as we have a newly renovated school and an auditorium that will soon be unveiled. I am very excited about this school year. I am eager to get to know you and your child. Many things are going to take place this year, and I am glad that we get to work together.


Let me start by telling you a little bit about myself. I am married to Travis Bracken and we have a three-year-old little girl, Marla, and we are expecting Baby #2 in March. I graduated from Anderson College with a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education and completed my Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Integrated Teaching through the Arts with Lesley University. I enjoy singing, dancing and acting and spending time with my family and friends.

This year you will notice that we do things a little differently on the 5th grade hall. We use our own creative teaching styles and model techniques after Ron Clark. You will hear a lot about him and the Ron Clark Academy and the Essential 55. We just enjoy being passionate, innovative, creative, and enthusiastic when teaching our students. We dance, sing and act A LOT! WE believe that every student can succeed, and we take pride in helping students truly enjoy learning.


If there is ever anything that I can do to help you, please do not hesitate to ask. Please feel free to contact me either by note, phone or email. Also, don’t forget to become a follower of my school blog. You will find out what our class is doing as well as any homework assignments and any other school information here. http://mrsbracken.blogspot.com/


Once again, thank you for allowing me the opportunity to work with you and your child this year. We will work together as a team to make sure we achieve success. We are going to have a fun and exciting year. Please keep in touch and check my website frequently.

Love,

Robin Bracken

robinbracken@anderson5.net

No comments:

Post a Comment