Saturday, August 22, 2009

Welcome!!!


Welcome to Fifth Grade!! I am Robin Bracken and I am your child’s fifth grade homeroom teacher this year. I will teach your child ELA (reading and writing) and Social Studies. Mr. Pearson will teach him/her Math and Mrs. Koch will teach him/her Science. This is going to be an excellent year as we continue teaching and learning through the arts. I am very excited about this school year. I am eager to get to know you and your child. Many things are going to take place this year, and I am glad that we get to work together through this wonderful learning experience.
Let me start by telling you a little bit about myself. I am married to Travis Bracken and we have a two-year-old little girl, Marla. You all will hear about them and see them around quite often! We also have a silver lab puppy named Belle! I graduated from Anderson College with a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education and completed my Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Integrated Teaching through the Arts with Lesley University. I enjoy singing, dancing and acting and spending time with my family and friends. I also love to take pictures and play around on the computer.
This year you will notice that we do things a little differently on the 5th grade hall. We use our own creative teaching styles and model techniques after Ron Clark. You will hear a lot about him and the Ron Clark Academy and the Essential 55. We just enjoy being passionate, innovative, creative, and enthusiastic when teaching our students. We dance, sing and act A LOT! WE believe that every student can succeed, and we take pride in helping students truly enjoy learning.
If there is ever anything that I can do to help you, please do not hesitate to ask. Please feel free to contact me either by note, phone or email. Also, don’t forget to check out my school blog. You will find out what our class is doing as well as any homework assignments and any other school information here. http://mrsbracken.blogspot.com/
Once again, thank you for allowing me the opportunity to work with you and your child this year. We will work together as a team to make sure we achieve success. We are going to have a fun and exciting year. Please keep in touch and check my website frequently.
Love,


Robin Bracken
robinbracken@anderson5.net

No comments:

Post a Comment