Sunday, September 18, 2011

Big Fan

So as a child, I always wanted to be a teacher. At one point I thought, maybe a nurse, but I knew I had the calling to teach. I was raised to always do my best at everything I did, so I knew once I "officially" decided to become a teacher that I was going to do my job and do it GOOD!!! In college, I concentrated on learning everything I could to be a better teacher from how I could teach certain content areas to really being involved in students' lives. I wanted to be a teacher that students would remember down the road- just like teachers I remember from my childhood- TOO MANY GOOD INFLUENCES to even name in fear of leaving someone out- I am blessed and was blessed to have so many good role models and GREAT educators in my life.

So, with that being said, in college I was introduced to Ron Clark. I had never met him until a couple of years ago and still adopt his methods in my classroom TODAY. His story is amazing if you have never heard it. (Watch The Ron Clark Story and read The Essential 55 and his newest book The End of Molasses Classes as well as check out his school's website to get a feel of how he does what he does!! UNBELIEVABLE!- http://www.ronclarkacademy.com)

Anyway, I wanted to provide you with a few things from the Ron Clark Academy so you could see how blessed your students are to be at Calhoun Academy of the Arts. The students at RCA come to school in the middle of a not so nice neighborhood in Atlanta, GA (to say the least.) Their is an application process for rising fifth graders and the school runs 5th-8th grade. Middle school is tough years, and Ron wants to inspire them at that age before it is too late. I try to tell my students all the time of how blessed they are to be able to come to school because so many kids around our world are not so lucky. We really do take our education for granted.

So, with that being said, here are some really good articles and an amazing video I wanted to share with you and WHERE I get some of my INSPIRATION! Thank you RCA for your passion and DRIVE to help students and PARENTS be successful because we are all on the same team!!




First day of School 2011 at RCA- pictures and captions


First day of School STEP SHOW from the Faculty and Staff

Article to parents written by Ron Clark

Article about the first day of school

No comments:

Post a Comment