Sunday, August 21, 2011

First Week!!!!






WOW!!! I cannot remember a first week that has gone so smoothly and FUN as much as this one. I can truly say Calhoun is the best school around and I love the students, teachers and all the faculty and staff! This first week has been a blast getting to know everyone and learning their outgoing personalities. I don't think I've ever had a more "spunky" group of students- and I say that in a good way. I can tell this year is going to be AMAZING! Our buccaneers are really going to find some treasure this year that will make them successful in school and in life in general.

This week will be our first full week of switching classes and really teaching our content areas. This week in Social Studies we are going to review the end of the Civil War and being "Reconstruction." My Social Studies class is quite different- we will be singing, dancing and acting A LOT to help the students learn the material. We have a lot of fun, but the students have to remember their rules in order to do the fun things.

Parents- this week you will see how we do our assignment sheet. Please check this on a daily basis and hold your students accountable for their work. On Friday we will send home the first behavior sheet so you will get to see what that looks like as well. Please sign and return the following Monday.

I hope you have a wonderful week. I look forward to working with the students this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment