Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What theStudents Say about Roaring 20s and Great Depression Days

Roaring 20's day was all around fun. The best part was the dressing up.Other than that, was in Mr.P's and Mr.Cole's room where we learned about the new inventions time of 1920.Great Depression day was awesome, too. This time I went out of my way to dress up.The best class was Mrs.Bracken's because we watched clips of old time movies. I learned a great deal of knowledge on each day.-Roman

Roaring 20's day was fun. The best thing about it was the part when we had to dress up. So than that it was melancholy because everything was destroyed. All of the farmers were having to reform their lives. I learned that only $1 dollar was alot to all of the unemployed people.-Dabrejha

Roaring 20's day was fun. Everybody dressed up in flapper dresses and suits. In Mr.Cole and Mr.P's class we learned about inventions in the 1920's.That was fun. We also had Great Depression day. The whole fifth grade dressed as hobos, also we were poor, so it wasn't very great because in Mrs.Bracken's class we had to wait in bread line. Some of us didn't get but a little and some didn't get anything. So I felt sorry for people who didn't get anything. Those 2 days were fun days.-Destini

I learned a lot about the great depression and how the stock market crashed and we went to alot of classes and learned about FDR and about how he fixed the problems during the great depression.
-Hunter

I learned alot of things about roaring 20's and the great depression. Let's start with the roaring 20's.There is something really neat that you probably don't know that the cake walk was invented by the African Americans. They were making fun of their owner's . And then the owner's loved it so much they started to do it. And they did not know they were making fun of themselves. A fun thing that we did was we made poem's and we learned the Charleston, and for the great depression we dressed up as hobos. And we learned that we have it a lot easier now then they did back then and we should be thankful.
-by :Kristian

I love dress up days because we get to see what it is like in ALL the class rooms. I learn so many things in exotic ways. I really enjoyed Roaring 20's day because it was so cool to be able to learn the Charleston and learn how to write the blues at school! I also really enjoyed dressing up! I loved Great Depression day because it was good to see how the people of that time actually got by. My favorite part of Great Depression day was Mr.Cole and Mr.Pearson's station. We played a game with stocks where we had to buy and sell off stocks. I now understand how depressing this time was. ---- Parker

The Great Depression day is the best in my opinion because we got to do a lot more things as well the classes were longer, for example Mr.Pearson and Mr.Cole's class. My favorite class was Mrs.Bracken's because at the end we had to wait in a line for food and did not know who was and wasn't going to get food. Now I fully know what they went through.----Umbrion

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I wish I could have been there. The pictures are great and I know that everyone learned so much. I miss all of you and hope to see you soon. Keep learning! :)

    ReplyDelete